A Path to Deeper Awareness and a More Joyful Life
You know that having a contemplative practice is vitally important
to support the long-term transformation you seek in your life.
you’ve struggled to stick to a regular meditation schedule,
or you can’t seem to find a practice that feels right for you.
“Waking Up to Your Life” is a highly individualized program that will support you to establish or deepen a practice and learn how to apply that practice in a powerful way that helps you to have healthier relationships, more fulfilling work, and deeper engagement with our world.
With a cohort of kindred spirits, together we’ll embark on a journey that includes:
- exploring different kinds of contemplative practices (such as meditation, yoga, art, and more) and understanding how they can support you
- support to discover the practice that is the best match for you
- learning how to create the conditions that will support consistency in your practice
- encouragement when you reach those inevitable ‘stuck’ points
- guidance in creating a personal retreat day for yourself
- mentoring in how to harvest the insights of your practice and apply them to every aspect of your life
If you’ve been seeking more guidance and accountability for your spiritual journey,
“Waking Up to Your Life” may be perfect for you.
How the Program Works
You can be part of the journey no matter where you live in the world!
For three months — February, March, and April 2015 — we will create a supportive community that will help you to establish or deepen your practice.
The program will include:
- An initial conference call so you can ‘meet’ your guides and your companions on this journey
- Encouragement and assignments via email
- Monthly individual phone or Skype check-in with Katya or Maia
- Access to a private Facebook page where you can check in with the group. (In order for you to get the most out of this program, it will be important that you are willing to use the Facebook page on a regular basis)
- Access to a password-protected webpage with program materials
“Waking Up to Your Life” is now full and registration has been closed.
If you’d like to find out when it’s offered again, please sign up for this list. We’ll send out very occasional update to keep you informed.
Maia is the creator of the Liberated Life Project and a longtime meditation practitioner based in Santa Fe, NM. She directed the Buddhist Chaplaincy Training Program at Upaya Zen Center from 2008 to 2014, and received ordination as a lay chaplain from Roshi Joan Halifax in 2012. Maia takes great joy in supporting people in their spiritual journeys, as well as creating transformative learning experiences.
Katya worked for hospice agencies in Virginia and New York (pediatrics and adults), and provided bereavement support for individuals and groups. With a background in the arts, Katya has also developed and facilitated workshops, integrating creative arts into healing opportunities for both children and adults. Katya has a strong foundation in meditation practice and faithfully listens to the inner calling of her life’s purpose and the importance of living with intention and awareness. Katya continues to explore opportunities to support others and facilitate healing on many levels. Learn more about Katya on her website, Pausing Turtle.